Remelting candles

Hi there,

Have a question that I have not seen an answer for anywhere.

I have a candle that I don't like how it turned out. Can I remelt that candle - in the oven. Pour the wax back into my pour container - then bring back up to 180 and add whatever to make it a more desirable candle - more FO or more colorant or vybar.

Or is this just something that will not work - I was wondering if the FO that is in the candle already would burn off by heating it up again.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Blessings, Vanessa

You can remelt & repour with little loss of FO power. I wouldn't add any additional anything (unless you forgot something the first time around) 'cause all that stuff's still in there. The scent may fade, but the candle still contains X amount of oil - the oil doesn't evaporate! If it's only one candle, you could nuke it to remelt in your microwave. Watch the melting process and stir often to distribute the heat. The candle won't be hot for as long as it will in the oven. The length of time the wax is exposed to high heat is what "kills" the scent elements in the FO. :)

You can remelt & repour with little loss of FO power. I wouldn't add any additional anything (unless you forgot something the first time around) 'cause all that stuff's still in there. The scent may fade, but the candle still contains X amount of oil - the oil doesn't evaporate! If it's only one candle, you could nuke it to remelt in your microwave. Watch the melting process and stir often to distribute the heat. The candle won't be hot for as long as it will in the oven. The length of time the wax is exposed to high heat is what "kills" the scent elements in the FO. :)

Thanks much.....I will give it a try, Vanessa