Which size CDN to order....

I have been testing different wicks. I use soy wax in a wide mouth pint Kerr Mason Jar.

I have a CD-20 wick in a cinnamon roll candle that seems ok. This oil is very heavy. This candle has been hard for me to find a wick that doesn't burn for several hours then drown out. It's one of those fragrance oils that we all have........... we love the scent but just can't seem to get a perfect burn.:angry2:

I wan't to order some CDN's from Just By Nature. Should I try a CDN-18? I thought that maybe a CDN-20 would be too big.

Also, for oils that aren't as heavy, any thoughts on a few sizes for the wide mouth mason jar.

I didn't see a sample pack on the site........so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

DOn't know how wide your jar is, but for the Apothecary jars that we are doing down here, which ar 4" across we use CDN 22's in the bulk of them and for some of the heavier oils we use CDN 24's.

We do tend to get a little shroooming, but besides that the burn is awesome. Nice full MP, not too hot and fully consumes the wax.

The only oil I have had trouble wicking for some reason is Frangipani, which I just cannot get to burn nicely in a 4" jar, however in a 3" square it did go well.

HTH

Cheers

Richard

Just By Nature has sample packs of CDN's...it's under "Wicks" heading and then scroll down to the "sample packs" line. I ordered some of these myself a couple of weeks ago. Can't help you on wick suggestions...trying to deal with that myself - maybe someone else can steer you in the right direction.

Karen

Thanks RichardLOZ! My jar is 3" - So, probably the 16, 18 or 20 would be better for my jar.

TheWickedWick.........Thanks, I found them.:yay:

Maybe someone will have some information about a 3" jar.

I won't order until next week. I will post my results after I test.