Packaging

AAngels

Hello,

Am new to soap making? Haven't even made my first soap yet, but working on it. My speciality is soy candles but want to ad soap to my line.

Do you always have to use shrink wrap for glycerin soaps?

I will be using it for personal use as well as selling it.

What if you put them in boxes?

Thanks

any info greatly appreciated!:yay:

It really depends on your area and how much humidity is present. My soap doesn't sweat at all. I've done everything from NO packaging, to using boxes, wrapping with tissue paper, wrapping with scrapbook papers, just a ribbon and a tag.. etc. etc. etc.

For me, my soap has always sold the best when it's naked and people can see it and smell it!

With m&p, shrink wrap might pose a problem for you. Shrink wrap requires the use of heat to set it and depending on the thickness of your shrink wrap and the power of your heat gun or hair dryer it could cause your soap to melt a little bit.

As Gen mentioned, Saran Wrap is a good option. It serves the purpose, it's cheap, and less time consuming than working with shrink wrap.

I have used soap boxes, cello bags, cigar bands, organza bags, shrink wrap, and tissue paper to package my soap.

I may change my packaging depending on the weather since I sell at outdoor venues.

I have had cello bags fill with condenstation and look foggy during hot weather at outdoor craft shows. So I switched to cigar bands and soap boxes. The shrink wrap also seems to work okay in the heat too.

Why I have even used candy wrapping bought from a candy supply store-- the foil kind for guest size bars.

Use your imagination. You can cut up old burlap or gauze and use string to wrap it up. String a bead or two or a pretty button thru the string to dress it up. I have even seen japanese coins threaded thru string for zen soap themes.

• 2 weeks later...