Jar Adhesion

Hello,

I am having a problem with my wax adhering to the glass container jar. Even though I heat the jar and slowly add the was there are still several "air "spots. I am using a soy/paraffin blend and I always carefully following all instructions. Can't really figure out the problem and if someone would have any ideas I would so much appreciate it!

Milla

These are known as wet spots, and we all have had issues with them from time to time.

My solutions have changed through the years. For a long time I poured hot, about 180 degrees, into a heated jar, and slow cooled in cooling boxes I made. However, the J-50, which I use as my base wax in my blend has changed, and the old method doesn't work any longer.

Now I heat the wax to 195 degrees, add my scent, color, and additives, then wait until the temperature is 140 degrees, and pour into a warm jar, and don't worry about the slow cool.

I get a wet spot once in a while, but not often.

My suggestion is to experiment with pour temperatures. A warm wax will not shrink as much when cooling as a hot wax, so the chance for wet spots is reduced.

The IGI recommended pour temp for my J-50 is listed as 175-180 degrees, but at that temp, the results were ugly.

My point is, find what works best for you, even if it flies in the face of what is recommended.

Fredron

hi fredron,

thank you so much for getting back to me! i actually spent the day searching for this issue on the forum and found a lot of discussions about it. your response is still very helpful and i will be sure to try pouring at a lower temperature to see if there is a difference. someone also mentioned washing your jar with ammonia in hot water before pouring.

many thanks again!

milla