Labels will be the death of me.

Well I have been sitting at this damn computer all day playing with labels and I am absolutely no further along than what I was about 12 hours ago.

We have decided to go with labels rather than our hang tags and for the life of me I just cant seem to get something that should really be pretty simple to work for me.

We are doing 3 jar sizes + a tin so I have 5 different sizes of labels to produce. These will be for a range going into a "prim" shop here (yes finally we have discovered a shop that does and knows what prim is), so we would obviously like our logo, business name, fragrance, phone number, web address and the handmade line on the labels.

That part is not too bad and I seem to be able to get that much done. What I cant work out is how to get a border around the outside edge of each label. This will be a simple border, just a basic checked pattern (which I cant seem to find anywhere either) to match with the gingham that will go around the top of the jar.

Surely it cant be this hard, or my brain cells are saturated in way too much FO and its stopping them from working. SO if anyone has some words of wisdom or some ideas I am all ears and listening.

Label sizes we are using are as follows.

1 1/2 x 2 3/4

4 x 1 1/3

2 1/2 x 4

3 1/3 x 4

1 x 4

2 x 3

Richard :confused:

I understand your fustration! I am in the process of testing 8 oz jj's, and need new labels. I start, stop, start, & stop, get something I like then change my mind. I just need to make a decision and stick with it.

I hope you find something you like, if you have publisher try that.

Does your label program allow you to do shapes? If so try alternating one solid square to one not all across the area you want as the border. Basically your making your own border. You can use your fill button to make it whatever color you want. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the replies. I have decided to do the design in photoshop and then paste the image into a pdf document, which I can then turn into a form to add the scents to each label individually. Now I just have to find the right background to start with. Will let you know how it goes and post a pic of the completed label for comment.

Cheers

Richard