Gb 464 Vs C3

I have been working with GB 464 for a while and I was wondering how C3 compares to it...as far as HT/CT and what wicks work best with that type or wax.

I am just having a hard time wicking my containers to burn clean they either burn too hot or leave some wax. I have tried ECO, CD, LX, Performa, RRD...

I do add 1/2 a teaspoon coconut oil pp to my 464 so could be the problem?

I have been using the C3 for a couple years now. I started making candles with the C1 but switched to the C3 shortly after.

I recently purchased the 464 because I read good things about it and wanted to give it a try.

I have been very dissapointed with the HT in the 464.

With the C3, i got a much better HT, IMO. So I will probably be sticking with it.

However, the 464 pours very nice and looks very nice.

The C3 can be much more tricky as far as the looks of it. I get sink holes after pouring and it gets frosty.

Those things can be fixed or worked on and I've never had any complaints about the frosting. Alot of candles are used up before the frosting even occurs.

Scent throw is more important to me than looks. I offer stand alone palm wax candles for people who want good-looking candles and soy wax container candles for those who want candles that will smell up their home.

With the C3, I have found that the CD wicks work best.

HTH :)

Haven't tried 464 but I have C3 and CO. I don't think your problem is the CO. I mixed 80% C3 with USA and added 20% solid CO. Wicked with CDN. The CT/HT is excellent, immediately! Was able to test after setting up without curing. So far so good, but I'm sure I'll find something wrong with it eventually. It is quite soft and would probably be prone to finger pokes. Trying to imitate a candle I bought that was at least part soy with very soft almost a vasoline-type consistency with an amazing CT/HT.

(I figured if someone could make a candle out of bacon grease

(former thread here) without an explosion, I could try one with this much CO - something different.