help with labeling malibu bottles?

DREWSMOM

Hi,

I have just started to want to market my lotion for a local salon and spa, but my labels don't look good enough. I was just doing them on my computer on a 2x4" avery label. How did any of you go about creating your first real label line and what works? I appreciate all the advice on here and have found some good info. The main bottle is the 4oz malibu squeeze bottle. I also have some plain plastic jars for scrubs and salts.

Thanks,

I use clear labels and buy the whole sheets. My label template is an oval and it prints multiple labels on a sheet. I do have to individually cut them But I can do them pretty fast. I use the princess oval mailibus so the oval label looks good with them. I like the look of the clear labels.

has anyone tried to use a circle or oval scrap book cutter to cut out their labels? I was wanting to do ovals but I can't cut worth a darn.

What program do you use to create your labels adillenal?

I bought a 1 3/4" circle scrap book cutter to try out and it works great. I always print on full sheets and cut myself since I can never get anything to ever line up perfectly. I use avery and am always using the "custom" feature to get my "perfect" size label for whatever I am labeling!

I bought a 1 3/4" circle scrap book cutter to try out and it works great. I always print on full sheets and cut myself since I can never get anything to ever line up perfectly. I use avery and am always using the "custom" feature to get my "perfect" size label for whatever I am labeling!
I've always wondered how those cutters work. Are you able to see where you are cutting? Does that make sense?
Hi,

I have just started to want to market my lotion for a local salon and spa

A bit off topic, but I hope you plan on having your lotions tested before selling them.

I've always wondered how those cutters work. Are you able to see where you are cutting? Does that make sense?

On the bottom of the cutter it is open so you can see where you are cutting. Pretty much I print out my labels and then use the cutter upside down so I can line it up with what I have printed out. I hope I'm explaining that correctly :smiley2:

On the bottom of the cutter it is open so you can see where you are cutting. Pretty much I print out my labels and then use the cutter upside down so I can line it up with what I have printed out. I hope I'm explaining that correctly :smiley2:
Yes you are. Thanks. I've looked at cutters at Michael's, but it did seem like you'd have to use them upside down in order to align them properly.