tart/melt makers...wax advice please

WaxFlower

I've been making tarts for 2+ years now using just gb415 wax poured into baking liners. I'm getting bored with this baking liner thing and personally do not like the look of pure soy tarts...(too dry looking and crumbly). I would also like to use molds in a variety of shapes. I realize that in order to use molds I will need to switch wax all together...(this is okay b/c I'm out of wax anyway).

I see that lots of you love and prefer to use either KY parasoy t/v blend, ecosoya pb or 4794 among other individual blends. If shipping to Oregon for KY's tart wax wasn't so expensive, I would give that wax a go.

I was thinking of making a parasoy tart blend from waxes that I can order from one place (Peak)...for me, they have the best shipping rates.

I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on mixing 4794 w/ ecosoya pb. For those experienced in blending tart wax, does this blend make sense? I'm new to this whole blending thing so please bare with me...I'm a little confused. :confused:

TIA

i use the gb415 and also got tired of the plain tarts, so now i do the clamshells and am going to start using the 2 oz souffle cups and pour directly in them.also if you go to joanns they have some cool molds there.. i know this doesnt help at all with the wax question but i thought it might help you with keeping your gb415 :)