Wholesale Order

I may be on the verge of an extremely large wholesale order for aromabeads. Does anyone know how to find out where I can get unscented aromabeds directly from the manufacturer instead of going through a candle supply company?

I called my current supplier, and was told they would have to special order the amount I would need, and it would actually cost me 25% more than the bulk rate listed on their site! Crazy.

I've been googling all morning trying to figure out where the supply companies get them from, thinking it would be cheaper for me to cut out the middle man and go right to the source, but I haven't been able to come up with anything.

If anyone out there can steer me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

They really do make it tough, don't they...

I was running into this same problem with some of my supplies. I put my candles in tins, so I had been ordering the tins from one supplier, and sometimes they just shipped them to me in the box they were delivered to them in. I then took the company name off the box. This hasn't worked with everything I order. So I also went thru the list of companies on sites like the ICGA and just read thru company descriptions to see what supplies they offered, and then contacted them to see if this was a product they produced. The only problem with this is that if you ask them whether they supply to the company you purchase from, they typically won't disclose that info. Oh, and then there is the China issue... for my tins I discovered from the big supplier that I now use, that the tins are purchased originally from China. I'm sure the best deal I could get would be by going directly thru their supplier... but do I really want to go to that level... not yet. Best of luck. It's so frustrating in the beginning, but once you get the info you're looking for, it's so worth it. Hopefully the wholesale orders keep up to make all the extra effort worth it.

~Cary

That is a big company. I would check out their website or call them to see what the smallest order is that they process. Then decide whether it is worth it to order that large a size, or maybe just stick them in the back of your mind of something you work your way up to once you have processed a few of the larger wholesale orders.

Thanks for the tips everyone! This huge wholesale order fell through - they wanted to pay about half of what the supplies would actually cost me, lol. Oh well. But those are good tips to keep in the back of my mind for the future :D