Best colors to use for M&P and from where?

jennyjo

I am new to M&P. Bought supplies form the classies to try it out. Now I am wondering what types of colorants to buy. I just made my first batch and love it! Now I need more colors. My base is from WSP, but they have so many different types of colors I am confused. Please help. TIA

OK--I found the soap colors on BC's site. Now my question--evidently I can't use GEL TONES™ - Liquid Gel Colorants for Soap & Bath Products for M&P soap--it says "Non-Cosmetic = For use in CP & HP soap only!"

I've seen on here where lots of people like Gel Tones, but that was probably before M&P got its own forum!

TIA,

Jane

OK--I found the soap colors on BC's site. Now my question--evidently I can't use GEL TONES™ - Liquid Gel Colorants for Soap & Bath Products for M&P soap--it says "Non-Cosmetic = For use in CP & HP soap only!"

I've seen on here where lots of people like Gel Tones, but that was probably before M&P got its own forum!

TIA,

Jane

I've used the gel tones (red, specifically) for years in M&P with no problem at all. I've tried some of the other colors and never been all that impressed ~ I like the liquid version better (green, blue, etc.) but the red gel is the best for me!

May I suggest Celestial colors from Cherrytree scents they work both in MP and CP and bodycare products and lotions.

http://www.celestialcolors.com/

Barbara AL

I would love to see some real samples of their purples ~ I've yet to find a purple that I like that gets deep enough ~ I have to mix my own. If theirs would do it, that would be so great for me because I hate not getting the same purple twice when I do separate batches

I love the violet Celestial purple I usually count how many drops I add to a certain amount of ounces that way the purple comes out the same each time. These colors are very concentrated so a little goes a long way.

Barbara AL

• 2 weeks later...