Wicking help for J223

OK

I'm still having problems wicking the Sage and citrus candles (j223, 1.5 oz/lb, 8 oz jelly and 9oz hex) It seems every wick that i put in drowns. for the 8 oz I'm up to a 51Z and it drowns, and does not have a descent pool all the way out. for the 9 oz 60Z's same thing. On the 9oz it starts out looking to big a little smoke then after a pool developes it the flame weakens. As for the 8 oz I've tried a lx 18, and I barely get a pool. Any suggestions? Also, leading me to believe I'm not testing properly. How long should you give the candle to see if you get a descent melt pool. On the jelly jar and 90z I've be doing 2-2.5 hours, Should I go longer. Any suggestions or Ideas will be greatly appreciated

Tim

I use J223 in the 9 oz. hex jars and I wick them with either an LX-26 or a LX-28. I I know that may sound like it's too big but believe me it's not. With most scents I have to use the 28 and it will still leave a very slight film of wax on the sides, so it's definately not too big for the container. These wicks burn nice and even with very little mushrooming...unless you power burn big time.