How to mask stinky lanolin?

rcrafty

I have a lotion recipe that I put lanolin in, I love the lotion but even with fragrance in it I can still smell a hint of lanolin. Does anyone else have this problem with lanolin?

Is there a way to mask the smell of it? Or can anyone suggest lanolin from somewhere that has little to no odor?

I also have a lotion recipe that I use lanolin in. I use the lanolin from COlumbus Foods and it does smell strong. I am guessing you are using a higher percentage than I am because I cannot detect the smell in the finished product after it sits for a week. Before that I can still smell it. Any FO or EO I use masks the scent though.

My lotion only has 1% lanolin but it has a strong odor, maybe my fragrance is too light to mask the smell...I will have to try it with a heavier fragrance. I just bought some lanolin oil to try, it does not have much of an odor so I am going to try that this weekend and compare. :smiley2: