West Coast Chandlers!! Swans waxes??

Hello,

I have recently returned to candle making after a hiatus.. sans husband! lol I have been using a parasoy blend for years. I have enjoyed the benefits of the two. My problem is this. I am not able to get J223 locally anymore and it is not cost effective to continue using it anymore in my blend. I wanted to know if any other chanldlers on the west coast are using any of the container blends from Swans? They are comparing them to J223. I was hoping for some input. I am able to pick up locally so this would be a huge cost savings to me. Here is the link in case anyone else on west coast is looking as well. Thanks!

http://swans-candle-supplies.com/store/candlewax.html

Teri

Thanks! I did do a search and found most info on the soy or soy blends. I was hoping to find more information on their "J223 type" waxes. I am looking to replace my J223. Any input would be great. I probably just need to head to La and check them out in person..

Well I live in WA and I have the same issue. I don't know which one of their waxes they are comparing to that one, but I did order the Acu para 30, which is a parasoy container blend. More para than soy. I am still waiting on my sample wick packs so I can start testing this one. The wax looks nice and creamy. It's in a soft slab form, was able to just slice it easily with a knife. So I will let ya know. If you are that close I would just go in. I am on the east side of WA, so I still had it shipped, but it was a lot cheaper still because it's closer. And they shipped super fast. Good luck.

Well I live in WA and I have the same issue. I don't know which one of their waxes they are comparing to that one, but I did order the Acu para 30, which is a parasoy container blend. More para than soy. I am still waiting on my sample wick packs so I can start testing this one. The wax looks nice and creamy. It's in a soft slab form, was able to just slice it easily with a knife. So I will let ya know. If you are that close I would just go in. I am on the east side of WA, so I still had it shipped, but it was a lot cheaper still because it's closer. And they shipped super fast. Good luck.

Thanks so much! I would love to hear your results as well. I think my link showed which container blends they were comparing to the "J223". So overwhelming trying to get back into the swing of things. Now, I keep reading about weak oils to boot.. sigh.. oh the joys of testing..lol.. I will post when I get a chance to test some of their waxes so that those interested can possibly save themselves some headaches and unnecessary costs. Teri

Okay.. the comparable waxes are on the page I pasted. Here it is in their words "We have 2 paraffin based soft container blends that are comparable to the Astorlite J223. They are called Accu-Par #22 & Accu-Par J60. They are both very soft, creamy & opaque & have very good hot & cold scent throw."

I at least have somewhere to start. All these years.. if one of these works.. I will be ecstatic and hopefully will help support Swans so they get more customers and stay in business. We west coasters are really hurting for good wax suppliers.. to say the least. Teri

If you can pick up, can they not provide you with a few samples?

Hello,

I have recently returned to candle making after a hiatus.. sans husband! lol I have been using a parasoy blend for years. I have enjoyed the benefits of the two. My problem is this. I am not able to get J223 locally anymore and it is not cost effective to continue using it anymore in my blend. I wanted to know if any other chanldlers on the west coast are using any of the container blends from Swans? They are comparing them to J223. I was hoping for some input. I am able to pick up locally so this would be a huge cost savings to me. Here is the link in case anyone else on west coast is looking as well. Thanks!

http://swans-candle-supplies.com/store/candlewax.html

Teri

The West Coast is in need of suppliers..

I started using GB415..and then could not find it close to me.

But so far I have found different ones that were selling or getting rid of it..so I am still holding on..lol

but there will probably come a day, when I have to start all over testing new waxes..

Good luck..with your testing..

The West Coast is in need of suppliers..

I started using GB415..and then could not find it close to me.

But so far I have found different ones that were selling or getting rid of it..so I am still holding on..lol

but there will probably come a day, when I have to start all over testing new waxes..

Good luck..with your testing..

Here Here!! Where in warm Ca are you? I am just east of Riverside.. If I find a new wax that works, I would give you my last few cases of GB415. Teri

Here Here!! Where in warm Ca are you? I am just east of Riverside.. If I find a new wax that works, I would give you my last few cases of GB415. Teri

I am in the high desert and around Corona a lot, really do need more supplier don't we?!!