Wicking for EO and C3

I'm testing a 3 1/4" tumbler using C3, 5% Lemongrass EO and CD wicks. I'm not using dye or additives. I started with a CD20 and it didn't get close to a FMP. I'm now at a CD22 on my third burn and have about 1/4" of hang. The HT isn't knock your socks but it's nice so I don't want to reduce the FO. The flame is fine and there are no mushrooms. Anyone have feedback on using EO in C3 with CD wicks...I think I may be at the end of the CD size at this point. Possibly I should try another brand of wick....

Appreciate the help

Brenda

I started with a CD20 and it didn't get close to a FMP. I'm now at a CD22 on my third burn and have about 1/4" of hang.

How long are you burning the candle per test? I would not expect a FMP until about the third burn on a candle of this diameter, personally. Larger container candles take longer to achieve FMP. Don't give up on the 22 yet... ;)

I use CDN 14s for widemouth canning jars (2 15/16" inside diameter... ), so I'd expect a slightly larger wick size to work fine; however, EOs, like FOs are not all created equal!! Some may need more or less wick than a comparable candle with FO... :) Good luck! :)

Hi Stella...

Thanks for the info...I'm burning for 4+ hours each burn. On the last burn the 22 did begin to catch up and begin to clean the sides of the jar. However, I'd like to see it reach MP a bit sooner so I'll keep testing wicks. Your right the EO's are a different beast but fun to test.