Floaties in my Wax - Catnapolis still in full swing

I was downstairs in my workspace just now, remelting some Eggnog and getting ready to start on my next major project when I saw something that threw me for a loop. The last few times I've made candles, I've noticed debris floating on the top, but here's the kicker...

My cats were naturally hot and heavy into the Catnapolis, sounded like a herd of buffalo running insane above my head. It wasn't until there was a big pileup in turn three (kitchen, right above my head) that I saw the culprit of my debris dilemma. Dust, the occasional dead bug and a few other things I'm not sure what they were came floating down out of the floor boards. I grabbed a towel and quickly covered the wax that was in my Presto, although I'm not sure why I did that considering there was already debris from the last pileup in the wax.

I'm not really in the mood to completely re-vamp the workspace, and trying to stop the nightly Catnapolis is like trying to stop a stampede of Elephants, it's NOT going to happen and where I have my Presto is the most level spot on my workbench. Can't give them any 'nip either, that turns the Catnapolis into WWF Feline, we've already heard the story on that.

What I was thinking was using the lid for the Presto. What I'm worried about is condensation inside the pot itself when I do that. Anybody have any ideas on how the heck I can stop the floaties and keep the natives happy??

to clean out what you've got: remelt! pick up some cheese cloth double or triple fold it and drape it over a strainer and pour though it! Works great for catching dog hair and other stuff.

I keep the lid on my presto with no condensation problems!