How Do I change from odd weights to percent for lotion recipe?

Firefly

Hello,

I have this lotion recipe that I really like and want to tinker with but have no idea what percents are being used. It's:

2 grams Citric Acid (0.07 oz)

14 grams Glycerin (0.49 oz

24 grams Steric Acid (0.8 oz)

49 grams EWax (1.72 oz)

40 grams Mango Butter (1.4 oz)

70 grams Sweet Almond Oil (2.4 oz)

20 grams Jojoba Oil (0.7 oz)

828 grams Water (29 oz)

8 grams Germaben II (0.7 oz)

3.5 grams FO (0.1 oz)

I multiplied the grams by 0.0353 to get the ounce amount and my math could be off. Would I just add it all up in ounces and then divide by each amount to get the percent? Or is it possible to do? I know it should equal 100% percent but it doesn't.

I know how to do this for a soap recipe but not for a lotion one. Last night I made another recipe for lotion which was great and I'm not hung up on this one and am willing to use another recipe. Just curious to figure out what percentages are in it.

I know it should equal 100% percent but it doesn't.

Of course it does. Total your weights and whatever number you reach *is* 100%, by definition.

Then it's just a matter of dividing the weight of each ingredient by the total and multiplying by 100. If your recipe makes a total of 124 grams and 2 grams of it is citric acid then the equation is (2/124)*100.

HTH!

units are irrelevant when calculating %s.

You add up all the parts to get the total. Then you divide each part by the total and multiply the answer by 100 to get a %.

Use your grams amounts - if you try to use the ounces, your margin of error is greater due to rounding.

Your formula in grams adds up to 1058.5 grams.

citric acid is in at: 2g/1058.5 = 0.001889. Multiply that by 100 to get you 0.19%

ewax 49g/1058.5 * 100 = 4.63%

rounding may prevent your total from looking like 100%. You fix this by slightly adjusting the water amount in this formula.