Is there a database for trademarked names?

I don't want to accidentally name my candle something that is trademarked. Does anyone know if there is a database where you can find out what is trademarked? Like Strawberries and Cream...I just found out that is trademarked by Glade. I would have named one of my candles that if I didn't know. Thanks for any help.

Jamie

Lol, I know. And I read on the candle cauldron that Yank has trademarked the word "tart"?? So what can we call them??

I call them Melts.

I was suprised to find out you can put a TM on anything... no registration needed - don't even have to fill out an application. When it's been registered with the feds you're suppose to use the circle with the R in it. (Sorry, can't get to my fonts for the real one.)

Don't know if someone using the unregistered TM would have any standing in court if someone else registers the mark. Maybe someone with the legal experience can provide more info.

use the basic search, only search live and use the 'all words AND' option. Only 16 come up that way for Sugar Cookie. Then you just have to click, read, back till you get to #15 which says G&S candles. Oops!

You can get around a lot of the more common ones with a tweak. Like Sugar Cookies or Strawberries IN Cream.

It goes by class, sugar cookie may or may not be taken in "wax candles etc" but the name sugar cookie may be trademarked as an actual food product or trademarked in a bath and body cosmetic class or fragrance/perfume class. There is like 500 different classes so it all depends on what you are selling. If it's not a trademarked candle then you can use it.

You can't trademark the name candle because it is too common. When I did my trademark I had to sign an amendment that I was not making a claim to the word Candle in my business name.

Yes if it is too similar or "product confusion" which I read a little on, that could be considered trademark infringement as well.

I'm doing a search for my possible names for scents and if it is not trademarked for candles it is fine to use correct???

For example... i found the name "home for the holidays" that somebody mentioned on the trademark website. It says scented candles in the "goods or services" that is where I have to look to make sure it is ok for my candles right? http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4004:u9bb62.8.28