Any Pointers Would Be Great!!!

My biggest pointer is hope they are not selling apoth jars with double wicking!!!! That's a killer, mine that went out last week was the last of the double wicking, from now on all fundraisers will use a jar I have found that will be 1 WICK! Just have everything organized. I just try to wick enough jars for 1 scent, get that 1 poured, topped, cleaned, labeled, and boxed. Then move on to the next scent. If it is real big call in best friend, daughter-in-law to help!!! That is what I did last year with a hugh one!

Maybe start pouring a couple cases of your best sellers to get a start on it. Either that or atleast get supplies together and organized, start getting jars wicked, etc. The more organized you are now the better off you will be once the order comes in.

I made the mistake of ordering all my supplies before the forms came back to me. So, before I got paid. Well, by the time the forms got back to me I had spent an equal amount on supplies as what I got paid. In the end I came out ahead but for all that work I'd like to see a profit right away KWIM? From now on I order my supplies when the final count comes in, that way I don't have a ton extra.

I also poured 2 cases each to get started and the scents I thought would sell well didn't. Then I spent the next 6 months trying to get rid of the extras.

Limit to just a few scents. I did 10 or 12 and it was too much!

Make sure you have 4 quart pour pots, it'll make your life easier:)

Good luck!

Like GourmetSoy said, don't order supplies until you have the money in hand, then you know exactly how much you will need. On large ones I have had the leader, which she knows by now to do it, to call me and just sorta give me a count so I can start planning how much and if I have fo get some poured up.