Mr Missy"s

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a previous post about this but was unable to find it thru search.

Mr. Missy's is the ex husband of the married couple that owned the original Missy's which was loved by many.

He then opened Cape Coral Candles and sold (to mine and quite a few others opinions) very inferior fragrance oils....and shut his doors soon after opening. He's now opened yet another FO and wants to capitalize on the previous company with the great reputation. I for one aren't buying it. I've heard from people that worked with him that he's not the nicest of people but since it didn't actually happen to me I won't repeat it.

I for one won't give that man a dime....just because of the money I wasted when he had Cape Coral and the way he treated me when I called to ? the quality of the oils then. I don't think he's changed.

So let me see if I've got this right ... Mr. Missy divorced his wife (Missy), and now he uses her name & great reputation that goes along with it, for his benefit.

From what I know about Mr. Missy, I wouldn't buy from him either. It figures that he would capitalize on "Missy" for his own financial gain ... Loser.

http://www.mrmissyscandles.com/home.php?cat=261

Okay,now this is just insulting to my intelligence as a chandler....he's selling "colored wax (which by itself is bad enough but) ... the description on some of it is "container/pillar wax". How can that be???? You can't make a pillar out of container wax!!!!!

Another thing I don't understand is why does he have soooooooo many oils as pre-buys when you click on the particular scent it'll show it has like 975 available in stock. Too much stuff just flat out doesn't make sense.

Wow! Just took a look here and see alot of negative things...... whew! Let's try to take a positive approach at this.

The additional fragrances that are pre order are coming in next week with an additional 120 to be put on. Putting these on the website takes a very long time, so I thought I would be ahead of the curve. No credit card would be charged for pre orders until they are shipped. Plus I have ordered the quanity stated, Do you need all 975 Lbs of that fragrance? I will be able to ship to you next week, plus offer a 86% discount on the freight.

I have had over 14000 satisfied customers over my years and was asked by several to bring my new products back into the business. I have a brand new "One Pour Wax" and "Hemp Oil" wax blends that have worked well for me in my testing and can finally offer these to the public. I know we can not make everyone happy, So if you have had a bad experience, I am the one to make it right. plus I will post my personal cell phone on this forum just so anyone can get ahold of me (239) 895-8279 If I find merit in the complaint, believe me, I will be the first person to try to make someone happy.

The Pre Colored waxes have been used by crafters for years, but most companies will not offer these to customers because they do not have the manpower or equipment to handle or recycle this. I currently have over 125000 lbs of just this product in stock and have several large crafters working with this. This wax also offers a alternative to candlemakers because of the lower cost. The Container/Pillar blend is a 135-137 Melt Point wax a works well in both. The blend is propriatary, and has been tested in all the applications stated.

On my prior marriage...hmmmm...it's really no ones business, but i have nothing to hide. I started and ran the company from day one, and any customer that really worked with me knew this. Plus they know the reason it was called Missy's...Do you? She was well compensated in the split and I retained the name, plus assumed all liabilities and assets. So when you were purchasing from the old Missy's, you were really always purchasing from me.

Cape Coral Candle had the same FRAGRANCE OILs as the original Missy's. Both Company's were running at the same time...Plus shut down at the same time. It was always my plans to expand the locations to make shipping less expensive for our customers. I also was going to open Grace, Idaho and had the property purchased before the economy had a slight burp.

I did notice to JS Logo on the bottom of your posts...Are you a competitor?

And last but not least....What defines a mean person? I could think that you were mean in your posts. I have not once attacked you or anyone else........Most say I'm pretty nice and look out for people's best interests. Just call any of my employees... Plus I will post my personal cell number so you can call me...Like always...I do make things right (239) 895-8279

Have a great weekend!

Mr Missy (Dan)

Cape Coral Candle had the same FRAGRANCE OILs as the original Missy's.

I ordered from Cape Coral months after Missy's closed and they were Nothing like the original Missys scents and when I called you Dan...you were rude and insulting to me and you were not willing to give me the quality of oils I paid for!

I did notice to JS Logo on the bottom of your posts...Are you a competitor? Where do you see a Logo??? I am a chandler that uses JS products.

And last but not least....What defines a mean person? I could think that you were mean in your posts. I have not once attacked you or anyone else........Most say I'm pretty nice and look out for people's best interests. Just call any of my employees... Plus I will post my personal cell number so you can call me...Like always...I do make things right (239) 895-8279

Dan, when I called you about the oils I got from Cape Coral you were mean...plus rude and condecending ...I had been a Missy's customer for years and when the oils I got from Cape Coral weren't 1/2 as strong as the ones from Missy's I called you to question them and you were unprofessional to say the least. I don't want your personal cell #....I have past experience with phone conversations with you and don't wish to relive that ordeal.

I know we can not make everyone happy, So if you have had a bad experience, I am the one to make it right. plus I will post my personal cell phone on this forum just so anyone can get ahold of me (239) 895-8279 If I find merit in the complaint, believe me, I will be the first person to try to make someone happy.

Well, I spent close to $100 at Cape Coral and you weren't willing to help me out then when I was unsatisfied with your products....why should now be any different????? Should I pm you my address for a refund now??????

I have had over 14000 satisfied customers over my years

Make that 13,999!

Sure, i'm willing to try to make it right in your eyes, please pm your address to me and i will send it out right away. I can look up any invoice from either company, just provide a name and approx date and you should have a complete refund check overnighted to you, including shipping. You can send this to my personal email address so it gets top priority.

Mr Missy's Candles

28100 Challenger Blvd

Punta Gorda, FL 33982

941-637-3785 Phone

239-895-8279 Personal Cell

http://www.mrmissyscandles.com

dwilson@mrmissyscandles.com Personal email

Well I have a question for ya Dan. I had made an inquiry about some scent descriptions. Well Tim called me & said I could order 1lb of oil, but shipping would be applied. That was fine with me, I didn't want 5lb of oils setting around. So I put in an order for 3 oils. So I go to check out & of course I didn't have the $50.00 min. so I couldn't. So I guess you will not have me as a customer after all.

You should have been willing to do this when I called, not now just to make yourself look like you've changed to benefit your new business venture. I have no clue as to the approximate date....that was years ago.

In my book this is a sad attempt to look look like a good guy..... too little too late! Forget it Dan...no one's buying the sad puppy eyes!

Lol, I think Mr. Missy you would have been better off not identifying yourself with the past and certainly not stealing pictures of others websites.

You may be better off to start all over with a new company name, ;)

Here Here!!!! I didn't think that was a wise business move at all....but then not much surprises me today with what some people think they can get away with. At least consumers have been warned! Thanks for the head-up Dan! :yay:

Well I have a question for ya Dan. I had made an inquiry about some scent descriptions. Well Tim called me & said I could order 1lb of oil, but shipping would be applied. That was fine with me, I didn't want 5lb of oils setting around. So I put in an order for 3 oils. So I go to check out & of course I didn't have the $50.00 min. so I couldn't. So I guess you will not have me as a customer after all.

Carol, call me directly with your info and i will offer the free shipping on the 3 fragrances you would like to sample. we will get this out to you monday. I will also try to explain the fragrance description so you can make a decision and should have all of these completed by the middle of the week. Thank you for the "Heads Up" on this and it is in the process of being corrected 239-895-8279

Dan

Just my Opinion but I think Suppliers forget about these candle /soap making forums and I think they forget also how long some of us have been on these forums and how long we have been making candles .

Just 1 Unhappy Customer can hurt or break your business .

I have been making candles for at least 7 shoot maybe 8 (lol ) years now .

People Do Not Forget Bad Customer Service and will let it be Known .

I never ordered from Missy's but I do remember the Good Reputation They did Have .

There are a lot of New Candle Makers here now but also there are

Still a lot of the Old Candle Makers Here from the Old TSR board .

Suppliers Need to Remember (WE ) The Candle Makers are who make YOUR Business Thrive .

Like I said this is just my opinion but I am sure I am not alone in thinking this .

That is something to consider, something you may want to look at. I too had looked at the new site and went to order three different bottles and had to rethink about the 50.00 minimum. I have talked to several others too that did the same thing. Just buying a whole pound, and then having to purchase 5 minimum of them, is a bit much for me right now to try out a new line. I like the new site, though.

Let me clarify too........it is a fantastic deal, really and truly is, but I would rather just pay the shipping to test a bottle or two. Anyway, that's just me. I was not knocking your deal. It's just times are hard and well 50 bucks is 50 bucks...........spent well if the product is great, blown if not. That's not just on your company, it would be that way for me on anything these days. Maybe in the future you will offer samples or smaller sizes without the free shipping.

I never knew the quality of the prior Missy's fragrances, but I did hear good reviews. I personally would have been more interested in this supplier had he not gotten on this board trying to appease everyone, and let his product stand on it's own merit. A general post would have been fine, but replying to everyone's post seems a bit unprofessional to me.

Good customer service is consistent...not making exceptions to the rule for a select few.

Good luck with your business, sounds like there are obstacles that need to be overcome.

I never knew the quality of the prior Missy's fragrances, but I did hear good reviews. I personally would have been more interested in this supplier had he not gotten on this board trying to appease everyone, and let his product stand on it's own merit. A general post would have been fine, but replying to everyone's post seems a bit unprofessional to me.

Good customer service is consistent...not making exceptions to the rule for a select few.

Good luck with your business, sounds like there are obstacles that need to be overcome.

VERY well said debscent. :yay:

Sorry to say, if someone was bashing my company this way, I would have something to say also. Professional or not. You have to defend your product. The product will never be able to speak for itself, if nobody is willing to try it for themselves and just goes on negative feedback here. I feel that a short comment about the bad experience would have been sufficient, instead of a three page bash of a company. That's completely unprofessional and unnecessary on a board like this. We are here to help each other.

Sorry to say, if someone was bashing my company this way, I would have something to say also. Professional or not. You have to defend your product. The product will never be able to speak for itself, if nobody is willing to try it for themselves and just goes on negative feedback here. I feel that a short comment about the bad experience would have been sufficient, instead of a three page bash of a company. That's completely unprofessional and unnecessary on a board like this. We are here to help each other.

I have to disagree. A product DOES speak for itself. That's including suppliers AND crafters. There's alot of suppliers that are "bashed" as you call it. Some people have problems with certain suppliers' products. Some people have problems with suppliers themselves. It's good information when crafters speak up and say... "well, this particular FO from this particular supplier doesn't work in my wax." OR "This particular FO from this particular supplier makes my soap seize." It's also good information when a crafter says... "These particular FO's from this particular company are very weak, in my opinion.".

It's good information. And it's good to share your own knowlege first hand. Not talking about second hand info. Not when so and so's best friend tried this oil and it doesn't work. Your own knowledge.

So.... let Mr. Missy's product speak for themselves. If he truly has a good product... it will speak for itself. Some crafters swear that certain suppliers oils are inferior... but to other people, they are superior. And vice versa. It depends on your application. Wax, B&B, etc.

Some crafters shared their OWN knowledge with us. That's great! You should be thankful that they shared their experience with you... so you don't make the same mistakes they did.