When To Add Fragrance

millaphoto

I am a beginner candle maker and so far I have been told to add fragrance to the melted wax in the melting pot and dissolve in it. However, I came across a site that stated that the fragrance should be LAYERED with the wax. Has anyone heard about this theory? The site stated that it is the best way to achieve the maximum fragrance throw. I would so so so much appreciate if someone could respond to this.

Thank you!

Milla

Depends on what type of fragrance you're using. Most of us are used to seeing it in liquid form. I add my fragrance after wax has fully melted and pretty much go by the 1 oz to 1 lb rule. Color is the last thing I add before I get ready to pour. Some add color and then the FO.

What I've always read was for FO to be among the last things you do. Less chance of burning off more and some of these FOs I can't stand to smell longer than is necessary lol.

As for layering scent/fragrance ... is this maybe in making a layered candle with 2 or more scents? I've not heard of layering candle scent in layers and that will make it stronger. Perhaps you can point me in the direction where you got that info?