Besides by hand or SB, what do you stir your soap with?

Wildcrafter

I burn out about 5-6 Kitchenaid stick blenders a year because I make a lot of soap and a lot in one day.

I have tried using my electric drill with a paint stirrer and the soap just goes around and around, but doesn't thicken up.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Maybe a more durable sb. I'm not being a smart ass, but sometimes I wonder about the strength and durability of some of these gadgets. I went through 3 sbs in less than 6 months not that long ago and finally have two that have lasted a lot longer. Same with a certain kind of beater I have that mixes color more quickly than I can do it by hand.

I'm using a kitchen aid now, which just broke today. 2nd one broke this year so far.

I went to a restaurant supply and the guy told me that the stick blender they have, which is supposedly industrial, is not any more sturdy than kitchen aid.

gah!

I've had my Mulinex SB for 15-20 years and it is still going strong. There was a time that all I used was my SB but I actually prefer to hand stir my soap mixture and now make more batches that way. If a batch I am working on is slow to trace, I will pull the SB out to speed it up. I use both a stainless whisk and spoons.

I have a cheapo one from Walmart, that thing has made many batches of soap. I just do short blasts with it then stir my soap with it. I never leave mine on for more than maybe 30 seconds at a time. I am scared that I am going to burn it out if I do it anymore than that, lol. I need to go ahead and go and get a back up SB.

I make probably 20-25 batches of soap a week and more during holidays. Mine is two+ years old now....