how do you whip your butters?

Greek

does the butter turn white and fluffly like whipped cream or does it just whips up to a lotion like consistency when you melt and freeze it? I usually hand whip for an hour or so but looks like you guys are cutting down time!

does the butter turn white and fluffly like whipped cream or does it just whips up to a lotion like consistency when you melt and freeze it? I usually hand whip for an hour or so but looks like you guys are cutting down time!

Yup! I have it in the freezer just til everything is cool and thick again. A bit over that is ok too. I whip for just a few minutes.

I melt it in my big pyrex mixing cup then once it is all liquid stick the cup in a bigger bowl with mostly ice & a little water to help it cool faster. I just start whipping with a hand mixer when it starts to cool and it works like a charm. Usually takes about 15 mins of whipping on & off from the time I put it in the ice bath to when it is ready to package for a 1-2 lb batch, a little longer for larger batches.

I used to do it that way. One day, I got lazy and put the pyrex bowl of melted oils in the freezer and then kind of forgot about it. When I took it out, all the oils were cold. I went ahead and mooshed it with the beaters to get it going for a couple of seconds and then started whipping, scraping as I went along. It was done in about 2 minutes including adding the EOs.