C3 Wax

puddin1970

I have used it for tarts, but it IS kinda on the soft side and during the summer down here in Hadesville, they melt easily. To demold them, you can put them in the refrigerator or freezer so they pop out of the molds, but they must be protected from heat during storage... You could add a little Beeswax to the C3 to harden it...

If you are buying the wax exclusively for tarts, why not try a votive or pillar blend? It molds MUCH better than C3, which is a container blend. :)

I agree with Stella. I use C3 and I usually make some tarts with leftover wax and they are soft. They also kind of make the cello bags messy. I just make them as little extras. If I were going to make tarts for real, I would buy a harder wax.

Deb

thanks! I just ordered a 50 pound box of wax and I usually make the container candles. But I wanted to have some wax for tarts too. I might just add some beeswax to harden them. Thanks for all the input. I am gonna check out the KY site and see what they have to offer. Maybe I can get a smaller bag of wax just for the tarts. I was just trying to save on some money.. not an easy thing with the candle business lol