Wicking 4 oz Jelly jars ?

i have a question i am thinking about testing out some 4 oz jelly jars. i use them for wickless right now but i am thinking about making wicked candles with them too.

where would you start using htp wicks and gb 415 wax ??

has anyone wicked these before, and how didthey sell compared to your other sizes ?

im affraid of people burning clear to the end and not leaving some wax left over because its only 4 oz's then the jar gets too hot..

im affraid of people burning clear to the end and not leaving some wax left over because its only 4 oz's then the jar gets too hot

You could use a wick tab with a taller neck so that the candle will self-extinguish. If you are already using wick tabs, sticking the wick assembly to the bottom and the wick DOESN'T self-extinguish when it reaches the top of the wick tab, the seal between the wicktab and the container is leaking and allowing liquid wax to continue feeding the wick and you will have to use a more secure method of attaching the wick assembly to the container bottom.

• 1 year later...