Password Protect

grama

You may want to check with your hosting company.

Mine had detailed instructions on how to do add this to my website and I went thru them.

I just checked my website software and they also has a PW protect instructions.

But they are different.??

I am assuming there are many ways to do this.

Do you do maintain your own website so you can add this yourself??

Yes, I do it all!:)

YOU GO GRAMA!!!:yay:

Check your hosting and software companies. I would think they would have detailed instructions on how to do this, as mine did.

Sorry I can't help you out more, maybe some computer wiz from this board may be able to help more...:cheesy2: (Graceful hosting...hint, hint)

Hiya!

There are several ways to password protect a page. The easiest way is going to be acheived by placing your wholesale pages in their own folder and password protecting the entire folder.

If your webhost uses cPanel you can use the option "Password Protect Directories" under the security heading. It will walk you through protecting the folder step by step.

If your webhost does not offer cPanel then I suggest visiting http://www.addedbytes.com/apache/password-protect-a-directory-with-htaccess/ . They tell you how to do it manually.

If you do not want to have a seperate folder for the wholesale pages there are other options but they involve coding.

Please let me know if you need help.

Adam

I found some software called HTML Password Wizard and downloaded a free trial and I think it is going to work. When I password protected that page it ask for password before it would let you enter. Will keep testing it to be sure if so it only cost 39.95. Thanks for your help Adam

Grama

Before you go off spending money on software to do what you are looking to do, ask your hosting company about using .htaccess files.

If you add a .htaccess file to the folder you are wanting to protect, you can then assign usernames / passwords for people to use. if you google .htaccess you should pull up loads of information.

Are you using a shopping cart? If so it may have the ability to show retail prices to one group of people and wholesale prices to another group. I use zen-cart and I know that I have the ability to do that, although at this time I dont.

HTH

Richard

You guys over there just dont realise how lucky you are when it comes to buying stock. You have so much choice and the prices are sooooo cheap compared to here. Ahh such is life I guess.

Anyway here are a couple of pointers on using the .htaccess solution. Its really pretty easy and quite basic, but I guess it depends on how complex you might like to get with your site.

.htaccess tutorial

.htpasswd encryption

HTH

Cheers

Richard

They do say that the grass is always greener, etc etc. Have not been to Georgia, but I do love Arizona, spent some time there in 1999 / 2000. ALso went to VA, TN and drove up from Virginia Beach to New York. An amazing experience.Would love to be able to live and work over there for a few years, but it is just way too hard to get sponsored to be able to do it.

I pretty much have enough frequent flyer points now for the two of us to do a trip over to the US, which I will work on for sometime next year.

I think we will have to take a couple of extra suit cases to carry back all of the molds and FO that we have no hope of getting here. Ahhh such is life......

Richard