really really really dumb question about tarts...

motherhues

I am thinking about making a few to try out because i ALWAYS loved my old potpouri burners before I had kids. But when i had my first I stopped burning candles and just got out of the habit.

I always said I would never get into candles because I just have too many damn hobbies already :laugh2: but I can't help it, I am intrigued... so I thought i would start with tarts.

So, after all that... here is my dumb question-does the wax dissapear in the potpouri burner or do you have to scrape it out, and do you have to scrape it out or does it come out easy. And, do you need special candle burners or can you use any old tealight in the bottom bowl/well/whatever in the top melty thing?

newbie on the loose, AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH ;):yay:

Thank you for your patience!

Selena

I am not a real experienced candle maker yet but I do know that when using tarts in a tart burner the wax melts in the little tart holder and when the tea light that you used to melt it goes out the wax from the tart just hardens into the shape of the holder. Most of the time the hardened wax comes out easily and if not popping it in the freezer for a bit will make it just slide right out.

Hope this helps.:)

Joy

Nope, the wax doesn not go away when the FO has burnt off in the tart. Once they don't smell no more then they are done.

As stated in the previous reply you can pop the bowl or holder in the freezer and some waxes do pop out easily. I am not that patient . . . I dump my wax into an old can while in liquid form and wipe with a paper towel. Much quicker and easier for me.