Frankinsence and Myrrh

Tess

I just recieved some of this. Not at all what I was expecting but I am sure it is accurate. Is supposed to be really incensey? (Yes I know it says frankinsence :P). I just expected more of an undertone I guess. Not that I know what Myrrh smells like. Anyway just wondering.

I have no idea what the "real" thing should smell like, but I got some from Candle Science this past fall. I was pretty happy with it in pillar candles but had not thought about it for soap or b&b. Recently, I had a customer order body butter and lotion in this scent as a gift for her stepfather. After I started working with it in those applications, I feel it does make for a nice men's scent. Haven't soaped it yet, though.

Yeah, I know. I didn't help you a bit. :tiptoe:

I have no idea what the "real" thing should smell like, but I got some from Candle Science this past fall. I was pretty happy with it in pillar candles but had not thought about it for soap or b&b. Recently, I had a customer order body butter and lotion in this scent as a gift for her stepfather. After I started working with it in those applications, I feel it does make for a nice men's scent. Haven't soaped it yet, though.

Yeah, I know. I didn't help you a bit. :tiptoe:

LOL don't worry any comment is helpful at this point. I am not so sure I like it. It is just OOB, but I am kinda skerd to test it lol.

One of my new wholesale accounts wants this FO in her religious shoppe. I have had requests for it before just never up and bought it. I got a sample once, I thought from Peak but never sniffed it. I bought this particular oil from LSCS. They seem to be the only one of my regular suppliers that had this. I really have not shopped around much. I was ordering wicks already so I threw it in basket. If anyone knows of a really good one, I would sure appreciate it too :)

I never bought it either and decided to try it with green pillars cause one of the shops I'm in has a lot of church ladies hanging out for knitting in there. They originally wanted my things because of Amazing Grace, so I thought I might as well give it a try. I was ordering from CS anyway, so that's how that went down.

I have never used the Candle Science version of Frank & Myrrh. I probably should!

I have tried several Frank & Myrrhs though. All are unique and all are lovely. I have tried Brambleberry, Cybilla, Scent Works, and BCN. Brambleberry's is my favorite because it is very deep.

Thanks all! I am going to pour LSCS version of it tomorrow and see if I like it or not. I guess I should just take it to the shop owner to see if she likes it. She carried it before from another candle company. So I guess she will be able to determine if it is what it should be. You know it almost smells like Sandalwood.