BOA Credit Card Increase...

FICO is much too big of a monster for them to do anything about. There are other scoring models out there, but FICO is the big daddy and really the only model that is relied by every creditor there is.

Yes, credit card companies are switching dates to trick people into paying their bills late, so they can assess a late fee pentalty and automatically raise your interest rate, and ONE time is all it takes to do it.

2 credit cards I have, have no balances. They are store credit cards. My visa, I did the option where I get an email a certain amount of days before the bill is due so that I can make sure I get it in on time. So, if they change it, I'm assuming the email would still be sent to me in plenty of time.

Maybe check and see if your credit card/s have that option. I opted for online bills and online paying and then went from there with the email options. I also get a hard copy sent to my address, so I get my bills twice.

That's a good tip Wildcrafter, but there are many people using credit cards who don't have access to the internet or simply don't want the spam on their computers from credit card companies.

Credit card companies are raking in so much money by having people paying their bills online and not having employees manually processing paper statements and checks. But are we seeing any benefit? No.

yep...i told advanta to stick it also! never late on a payment, and they

raised my rate from 6.9% to...........33.32%!!!! when i called to find

out what was going on.....they told me it was "ECONOMY MANDATED"

i found a 0% balance transfer for 12mos and it was.......

bye-bye advanta!!!

Oh puhLEEZE!!! gagme-2.gif

It's GREED mandated!!:angry2:

Good for you on the 0% transfer... stick it right back to 'em!!

It is all greed!!

On the flip side.. I have an account with another CC Co and they started calling my business line last week with promotions.

They have it set up so it leaves messages on my answering machine.

They are calling 3 or 4 times a day with a "great promotion".

I picked up today and told them to quit calling or I will cancel my card!

So they are supposed to put me on the DNC list..

Then after we got that straighted out.

I told the idiot I had a promotion for him.

Asked him to pull up my website and buy candles from me and for the next 60 minutes their will be 20% off his sale for him and all his friends that he works with. He was shocked and said I can't talk about this at work.

I said.. "You want to talk to me about your promotions at work.. So now I am telling you about mine."

Well I messed with his head and had fun for about 10 minutes..

Gave him a code to use for my website..

If he orders.. I will let ya know..:rolleyes2

He sounded so confused...He did not know what to say!!!

So now when CO's call me with promotions, I try to sell them my candles..

I love sending those PITA's into a tail spin and I feel so much better after messing with their heads!!... asskiss.gif

If you can get into a credit union...I don't think they play those games. At least...the 2 I'm a member of don't. I've had my credit card thru my credit union for a long time. My interest rate is fixed at 8.9%. I'm also a member of my H's credit union...and they don't screw around either. They also didn't make risky loans and are not involved in this credit issue (so they have said)...so maybe that's a difference. I got my car loan thru them 3 years ago @ 3% interest.

MAN!! The Photobucket nazis are REALLY pissin' me off! It was a smilie stickin' its finger down it's throat!! THey hit another one in another thread that waged its finger in a tsk, tsk manner... Guess I'm gonna have to fire off another hot email to them!! :mad: Recently they blocked a photo I took and sent to one of my son's friends of her kissing the top of her newborn baby's head!!!:shocked2: Methinks their scanning software is seeing penises everythere or something... If I can't use a smilie gagging itself on their site, imagine what fun they'd have with my Bart Simpson mooning gif...

bart_moon.gif

Serious question: is there a good reason why all these companies got this free money from the government, and then went up on interest rates? It seems from a logical business standpoint, the free money would help them maintain their business as it was, and then customers would be able to keep paying? But these usurious practices are just going to force more people to start defaulting, thereby making the economic problem even worse when they got the free money to make it better. Is it simply greed?

yep...i told advanta to stick it also! never late on a payment, and they

raised my rate from 6.9% to...........33.32%!!!! when i called to find

out what was going on.....they told me it was "ECONOMY MANDATED"

That's exactly what happened to us, low interest rate so we used it a bunch, and i budgeted the payment to the $150 EACH MONTH suddenly the bill goes to $675/month. There was no way i could come up with the extra..

That's exactly what happened to us, low interest rate so we used it a bunch, and i budgeted the payment to the $150 EACH MONTH suddenly the bill goes to $675/month. There was no way i could come up with the extra..

The only solution is to find a card that is offering a 0% rate for balance transfers, move everything to them and pay it off QUICK!! Then cut the damned thing up into itty bitty pieces!!

I just put $1100 on my principal yesterday for my truck loan. That means they get almost 7 months LESS interest from me. Ha! I think in June, I'll be able to put down another $1000 which will be all the less interest they get from me. It's a 5 year loan. The goal is to pay it off in 2.