ISO Local place to purchase wicks

I am new to posting here but have read lots of great posts and the wealth of info you all have. I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a supplier in Iowa that carries a selection of supplies especially wicks. When I decide to change things and want to test I want to have something today and not wait a week for it to get here. Plus I always like to have personal service to go with it. Thanks.

There are sticky topics at the top of the General Candlemaking forum

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

That list suppliers by state and a more comprehensive list here: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5492 (you'll have to click on these to determine where they are located).

Good luck!! It's always preferable to have a good supplier who is local to you, but most of us do not have that luxury or we order from more distant suppliers because they have items we cannot find locally.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the reply. I had seen the state one and it had a packaging supplier was all. I have tried to google it but just couldnt seem to find anything. I would even take a candle shop that retails supplies just to cut out the wait. When I get new ideas for silly things I just want to do them now lol.

Candlemaking isn't as simple as buying wax, wicks & FO, combine all & pour! Good candles require some skill and knowledge. Spend some time looking around this wonderful site and I think you'll see that there are many variables to making quality candles and a lot to learn about the art of chandlery. Many of the suppliers listed offer kits for beginners, which is certainly worth a look. There's a lot to learn from reading supplier sites and about all the items offered for sale.

Hope you find what you are looking for! Good luck! :)