Has anybody wicked 4630 in an Apothecary

Just looking for a starting point....

I am thinking this may be one of those waxes that does not have to be double wicked?

I tried with 2 44z and althought the throw is OUTSTANDING, it is melting too fast, both in diameter and depth...the glass is too hot for my liking as well (partially due to the fact that I have been burning soy and the glass does not get hot)

I am thinking of either trying 2 1212's (smallest I have on hand) was going to try 2 83'2, or try and lx22 single wicked...

Opinions?

Thanks..that is the one I chose to test next..it is setting up as we speak! lol

I know some say zinc mushrooms more with lx .... but I find it to be the opposite is most cases, so chose to try that 1st...plus I like how rigid the wicks are.

I use LX's for the most part and normally use 2 16's as a standard. 14's for the less heavy scents. I haven't tried the so have no comparison there.

Really? that high of wicks huh? I was going to t ry 2 lx 12's and found them to hot in soy, so figured they would be too hot for this...maybe I will try it.....

I am burnign the 2 44z's and they are not burning as hot today, actually the flames are quite a bit smaller now that it is further down in the jar, I also think that the wicks need to be left a little longer in this particular instance.

The single wick (60 z) is for the most part performing how it should, but I don't find the throw quite as strong, there is massive mushrooming and a little soot, even on the 1st burn!.....wierd...

Gonna pour another tester and keep burning these 2 and see what happens, I have some cd's on the way and have a feeling that that wick will be the winner once I figure out a size (double wicked) to start with (maybe 5's?)

Anyway will keep you posted!

I looked back in the archives and it seems that ALOT of people were using this week combo, some even using 2 51z's, imo seems kind of high (over-wicked)

the flames have become pretty steady(alothough a little small) but there is still no soot whatsoever on the jar...and the throw is INSANE!:yay:

We use 4630 in the 10 oz apothecary jars. We double-wick usually using LX10's - sometimes down to an LX8 with certain scents (usually the fruity ones) and occasionally need to wick up to an LX12 for the heavier scents. There may be a way to single wick this, but we never were able to find it....

HTH

The smaller zincs are doing the job..... But I am still going to do some testing at some point with the higher zinc, a couple of lx's and a couple cd's and see what the overall winner will be. Possibly some Eco's too as they are on their way....

Gotta love testing!!! And I am pretty anal most of the time!lol