Edible Body Butter

ladysj

Well this is my first experiment making an edible body butter. Since it's cocoa butter I've had to keep adding a little bit of oil at a time to try and get it a more spreadable consistency.

I'm going to let this set up a little bit and see how hard it gets after adding more oil.

I am really pleased with it so far. I used cocoa powder & confectioners sugar in it. It has a nice sweet taste to it. Going to give some out to testers for feed back.

I also poured some of the stiffer mix into a twist up tube just to see how that works out also.

Thanks for looking.

ediblebutter.th.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just remember that when you make a product edible it changes the labeling requrirements - FDA wise and then it enters a completely different realm as well with insurance liability issues, make sure your policy covers that. And for me...sugar...no thanks - in some areas it can cause some icky yeast issues. Just something to consider.

I've tried it and the sweet/sugar content seems to be on the low side. It does feel really nice on the skin though. Not something I'd sit down with a spoon and eat, though I am considering trying it as a lip balm next.

I've tried it and the sweet/sugar content seems to be on the low side. It does feel really nice on the skin though. Not something I'd sit down with a spoon and eat, though I am considering trying it as a lip balm next.

I omitted the powdered sugar on this batch Starr I found it gave it too much of a twangy taste just added a teeny bit of fasweet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wanting to do an edible body dust and an edible body oil, they are on my list for things to work on in the next few weeks, as well as the body butter, I would love your recipe, I don't think it is the same one I saw! Could you PM it to me please!! Thanks Sandra!!

Sue Ann

• 3 weeks later...