getting new people to test

What do you do to get people to test thier candles. I have a few friends that test candles for me. When I have a new one to test, I normally post on my facebook to my friends asking for help. I'm getting less and less people to help me out, so any suggestions on how to get new or more people would be appreciated. The ones that are helping me out are the same ones over and over again and I do not want to burn (no pun intended) them out testing a new product each time.

Thanks

Yeah, I've been doing my mom and family members too. My mom takes 4 months to get through 1 candle and I feel like my testers need to take a little less time than that since I'm trying to get product on the market. It takes me 3 to 8 weeks to get a jar ready for my testers, so I would like my testers to be through with it burning at least the 4 hours a day, 4 weeks to get through. That gives them 18 days of not having to burn it during the test time. That way I can start testing any changes I see fit from their results or put it on the market.

Hmm...

Well, maybe you can look around and see if there's any crafter's groups in or around your area that you might be able to get testers from. Ask around online. I've tested all sorts of handmade goods for friends online in the past.

There is nothing scarier than getting feed back from a fellow candle maker.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Ain't it da truth!!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

As for testers - except at first when we didn't know what the heck we were doing or smelling, we don't use outside testers any more. I have a partner and between us, we manage to test everything we need to in-house. We get lots of feedback from customers and the ones who give us the most careful feedback are gifted generously for their involvement! :)

I would be glad to test some out for ya! I am all set for a while...just launched a new website so it may take a while to get the word out! I'll warn ya..I am a power burner...if you are interested just pm me.:smiley2: I have been making candle's for almost 10 years..Just thought I'd update ya!

Kimmeroo:smiley2:

Thanks... I may take you guys up on that offer. Fellow candles makers would give me a better idea of what is good and not. After finding this group, I pulled all my candles off the market and started over. I learned so much from this group that I wish I knew before hand. Except, I still don't know how to private message people, so you may need to let me know how to do that:smiley2: . I have a few people to test this current round that I am ready for and I'm busy getting ready to bring home my second born in a few weeks, so it may be a month or two before my next round is ready. :yay:

Click on someone's name in a thread and you'll get a pulldown box to PM them. Or you can search by member's name and go to their profile.

But I don't think you'll find a hard time finding people here to test for you. I'd be happy to when you're ready.

Thanks, my second born really isn't a new born. My husband and I are adopting, so he is over a toddler already.

Do you have to be in the group for so long before you can Private massage. I did Starr said and i didn't have that option?

Thanks

Thanks, my second born really isn't a new born. My husband and I are adopting, so he is over a toddler already.

Do you have to be in the group for so long before you can Private massage. I did Starr said and i didn't have that option?

Thanks

Congrats! I bet you are so excited!

You have to be here 30 days, so thats probably the problem your running into.