Melt and Pour

LynnS

I haven't seen pre-colored in a long time except for like small 1 lb. blocks that are super concentrated color in clear soap meant to be chuncked up for bigger batches.

Do you not have dyes, or just want a certain color that you can't make?

I don't see any pre-colored bases at candles and supplies...

Not sure why you'd want to pay someone to pre-color your soap for you. It's awfully fun to do yourself. Besides, I think soap base should be chosen for the quality of the base first, not the color.

I do need to perform an in-depth search on the best non-bleeding liquid colorants for MP though. I might be in the market soon. :smiley2:

I saw some but cannot figure out where.I just worry it might be to light or to dark.Not just so so.I colored some lotion once blue.OMG I thought I would never get that off my hands and really didn't use alot.At least if I mess up I will know the color by seeing it on the supplier page.There are only about 4 colors and if I remember it wasn't that much more expensive than the plain.I was tempted just do the natural color and add FO just because of the color disasters I have had

LynnS

I found the colored MP soap.It was at Nature's Garden.I knew I saw it somewhere. 3 colors. Blue, red, yellow.Might be one more.I just glanced at the page. 2 lbs was $4.95. That isn't to high.

LynnS

that's not a bad price, but it doesn't look very dark either, so if you use that to color other soaps it'll be considerably lighter. I guess it would just depend on what you want to make :)

We had considered a long time ago about adding "colored logs/bricks" to our line for people that just like our color but didn't need/want our shapes & designs, so maybe there is a market for this :)

The dyes are messy, I'll give you that ~ blech ~ I'm quite often "spotted" by the end of the day LOL

I know not a large selection.But price was good and why I was interested. I knew it was what I paid for the plain MP. I just dab in soap making and did it natural with scent after my lotion experience but can't go wrong I have to assume with this.

Yes it is light. I guess make scented soaps with just yellow red and blue.LOL Sunflower and so forth.

Soapmom you are much more of a soap expert than me. I am still debating but the dyes weren't my favorite thing.Started feeling that way after the lotion problem.After that it was dye free.

LynnS