Soy melts different each time

I would like to know why sometimes my soy wax melts completely and other times, it burns down the middle? I use Ecosoya 135 container wax in a 3-4" wide jar.

The first burn is always 3-4 hours. Do I need to burn it 3-4 hours each time I use the candle, or just the first time?

Thanks so much!

Pay close attention when you first light the candle. Sometimes there can be air pockets around the wick that will screw up your burn.

If find that's what's happening, changing the way you pour the candle (the wax temperature in particular) could help eliminate it. Some people like to poke holes around the wick to expose any pockets and then pour another thin layer of wax into the candle.

Are you finding this happening with the same fragrances or with different ones? It could be that you need to change your wick with your FO. Not all FOs will necessarily use the same wick or size.

When burning, make sure you burn long enough to to get a full mp each time. However, since soy tends to burn down, then out, you might not get a full mp with your first few burns.