What happened to the shine???

NancyT

About 3 weeks ago I made some m&p using white base, added grapefruit & peppermint fo; cocoa butter, shea butter, glycerine, jojoba oil,and ground pumice. Most of the pumice settled to the bottom but it still looked nice (kind of like the bottom of a dirty foot :cheesy2: ). They had a nice shine to them and were very cute. Yesterday I opened the tote I had them in and they have a dull spotty look to them. I was sooooo disappointed. Can anyone tell me what might have happened. I let them set out in the open a few days before packing them away so I know change came sometime after packing them. Any ideas????? TIA

No I don't think they did any sweating. I know they were completely dry when I packed them away, and I don't think the tote was in the sun at all, that might have caused some condensation inside. What did you do about yours when it happened? Do you just package them and try to sell like they are or is there something I can do to make them look a little better?

i took a clean damp microfiber cloth and wiped mine down

then i took another microfiber cloth dipped in mineral oil and wiped the bars down again

it seems to be working, i'll wait a few hrs and check on them to see if they dulled up again

Thank you. I'll be interested to see how they turn out. I finally took one of my body poufs and rubbed them down with it, enought to get the spots off and they look pretty good, but like you, I'll give it some time to see if they come back. Thanks for your help.