cricut

Lightning Bug

These look so absolutely intriguing. Just wondered if anywhere on the instructions they say the cutouts can't be used commercially? My granddaughters would die to play with this and I am weakening, but would like it for more than just crafts for them and myself. Verdict? TIA. Beth

I have one I bought awhile back and it's still in the box.:( I have read they do a lot of things though. I'm sure your gd's would love to play with one. I have found that the cartridges are sooo expensive. You might try a search on Craigslist to find one at a great deal.

Come on...get it out and let us know how easy or uneasy it is. Yah, I saw the cartridges are expensive. I kind of want it to make things that I can put unto the waterslide decals for my canes. And yes, the girls would really want to visit grandma all the time! I had thought I would look for a used one. Looked on ebay, but will try craiglist too. It would be nice to get a few cartridges with it also. Thanks.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow. I kept watching Ebay. I had a 10% off coupon that I got in an email 'cause I hadn't bid on anything in a long time and ended up getting the Cricut Expression for $218.00 free shipping. Now I have to keep my eyes open for a deal on the cartridges. Michaels and JoAnn fabrics will let you use the discount coupons on cartridges but not on the machine itself. There is a scrapbooking store nearby that has a huge sale 2 times a year. You buy a bag and fill it with whatever you want as much as you can fit. My friend got several cartridges last year as well as a bunch of other stuff.I want to use it to cut out cloth appliques to applique onto the fronts of my scented hot pads.