White streaks?

coco

I normally don't do alot of melt and pour, but recently purchased some Stephenson base for molded projects. I ordered 25 pounds of crystal clear and 25 pounds of white, both of which were poured into a bag in a box (have I mentioned how much I hate this)? The clear is fine, though the white is half foam (foam is pure white and the soap is semi-opaque which is odd). When I melt it down and color it, there are chalky white streaks that do not accept color, nor do they go away with an alcohol spritz. Is this unincorporated TD? The foam? I contacted the supplier last week and have received no response.

sounds like it! when I'm short on white and mix in my TD this happens. Sometimes I have to melt the stuff with TD 2-3 times before it fully incorporates. I personally hate the stuff (try TD)

the foam is likely from them pouring hot and fast and possibly from well above the box. When I make batches of soap I'll do 20-25 lbs. of a color at a time and when I pour them into my tubs to store them I get the foam top too. No big deal, it blends right in when cut again to be molded.

sounds like it! when I'm short on white and mix in my TD this happens. Sometimes I have to melt the stuff with TD 2-3 times before it fully incorporates. I personally hate the stuff (try TD)

the foam is likely from them pouring hot and fast and possibly from well above the box. When I make batches of soap I'll do 20-25 lbs. of a color at a time and when I pour them into my tubs to store them I get the foam top too. No big deal, it blends right in when cut again to be molded.

Thanks Soapmom- so it is the TD and not the foam that is causing it? I remelted numerous times and it still won't incorporate. I'm about to lose my mind.

when I mix in the TD, I usually let the batch cool before cutting it again to put in molds, and I very often just cut off the part that "settles" (the unincorporated TD) and just throw it away. I rarely even use the stuff because I hate it so much! I have found that if I blend it with glycerin first, it's better, but I still hate it.

Technically all white soap is just clear with TD added, but there are definitely differences!!