Jungle Brand shortening

smittenheart

Haven't tried it, but they have a website and their offices are in Edison, NJ if you want to contact them for info about the product.

It would be good to find out the SAP value, or maybe the percentage of sunflower oil in order to figure out the SAP value.

For the purpose of predicting results, I'd personally be interested in knowing the fatty acid profile of the stuff. The palm oil could be hydrogenated or not and there are different kinds of sunflower oil it could contain--all of which would affect how the soap comes out.

Not sure how much of that would be a secret, but they might see some value in giving out information helpful to soapers.

• 1 month later...

thanks topofmurray..

and kitn..really?? I havent heard of it until I saw it at WF..

so since my posting..

I have contacted the co and after some discussion on what I wanted-she thought I wanted their % which I guess is a trade secret:)

I asked her for just the SAP value since I wanted to soap with it and she gave it to me..so all is good..

I have soaped with it twice recently and liked the results..they are still curing so time will tell..

thanks for your help..totally appreciate it..