Fire and Ice Candles

Has anyone done these before?

I've got one upstairs that I need to unmold today and I'm curious if this is something that I should expect a good burn out of or if I should just keep these as a "Display Only" type of candle.

Depends, but mostly you aren't going to get a great burn out of them in terms of not leaking ... maybe you will. You're talking the candles made from ice chips right? I'd be sure to have a candle holder to catch any melted wax that may come out of the holes. If you got all the water out, you shouldn't have problems with your wick sputtering.

Now depends means depends on how you made the core or if you made a core and what size wick you went with etc.

I'd burn it just to see what it does.

Yeah, that all pretty much sums up what I was expecting from it, but before I wicked it and lit it I was curious to see if I could confirm that.

Unfortunately, it broke on me as I forgot to put mold release on the wick pin! Oh well... gonna let it dry out and go again.

Thanks Scented!!!

Hey make a couple of them. One of them leave the holes and the other, pour a contrasting color in after you have cleared out the water and see what it does. Those are likely to burn better.

Mold release on wick pins? Interesting. Never had to use it.

If you use a core candle and pack around it, you won't have to worry about wick pins, but unless you've made the core candle, you will have to wonder what they used for a wick.

I hadn't thought of doing a dual color that sounds like it'll be REALLY interesting. Ok, it's now been moved to the top of my list of things to try. Thanks for the idea!!!

I usually spray my wick pins because I just have the WORST luck in unmolding pillars. I think with this candle it would've been even more beneficial because the wax is so thin in places and almost lace like.