2009 TN Soap & Candle Social

Birdie

I am really excited about this year's TNSCS! :yay: If you ever wanted to know about EOs, it's the place you want to be. It will be in Franklin at the Elks Lodge again this year.

Tish Pearl from The Scent Works! is coming to share her proficiency of Essential oils.

A local herbal alchemist is coming to speak and has a depth of knowledge to share! Twelve Corners

Our guest aromatherapist has taught an Aromatherapy 101 class locally and is a candlemaker for his own practice in Nashville. Body Basics

With our Show & Tell and other features, it's sure to be something you won't want to miss! I do hope many of you can come! :whoohoo:

2009 Tennessee Soap and Candle Social

• 1 month later...

Time is drawing near for our get-together and we are really looking forward to it! We have made an important decision that will effect you.

We have had numerous inquiries all mentioning the desire to attend the 2009 TNSCS but finances not permitting it. So many are in that same situation and we feel that we need to make a change. Hopefully by doing so the trip will become more affordable to everyone.

We are going to bypass the catered luncheon and in doing so we can reduce the attendance fee to $35. There are numerous places within a stone’s throw of the lodge that provide a variety of menus that will suit everyone and their budget.

This will be my first year to attend and I'm anxious to meet those of you that I have been reading your posts and gaining from your vast wisdom. It will be here before we know it. Looking forward to meeting you Birdie.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very excited about this weekend too!

I can't wait to meet you Nancy & Jennifer!

:soap baby dance:

BTW - I used to be a member here once upon a time but can't remember my username or login, so I registered again today - Just in case it seems weird for a new person to be so excited about this thread. :P

It was such a pleasure to meet everyone!! We finally got home a long 3 1/2 hours later (1 1/2 hours more than the usual time). There was storms and traffics and then they close the freeway. :mad: So, now I'm locked in my bedroom looking at all my goodies and wishing I took a camera!! Did anyone take pictures that could send me a copy?? So, now, I'm venturing into the world of soap. :shocked2: Everyone take cover!!:laugh2:

Nancy and Jennifer it was so nice to meet ya'll !!! I can't wait to give my daughter your candle Nancy !!! I know she will love it .

Hope everyone got home safely:cheesy2:

Did we not have a great time!?!! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this year! And I actually got to spend time with people this year.:yay: NancyT makes some awesome candles yall! They are beautiful and I can't wait to burn mine! Even my husband was looking it over and was amazed at how it was done...and I don't make candles! :laugh2:

I hate it that I had to leave a little early!! We had to rush home to our kids. Thank you all again for everything!! I agree, nancy's candles where captivating!! When my husband saw them though..he just shook his head. his question, "If you make candles, why are you buying them!":laugh2: And then of course there is the FO's. I unpacked them in the middle of the night, thinking I could sneak them into my "stash" and he caught me. :shocked2: I'm grounded. lol

What a great event!!!! I want to thank Birdie & Angela for all the work they put into making it so special for all of us. Our speakers were very informative and I enjoyed the soap making demo by Birdie, even if she wouldn't divulge her "secret recipe" to us. I guess we'll just have to work on making our own masterpiece!!! LOL

It was great to meet everyone and have time to network with others to find out the "secrets" of what works for them. Heather gave me a recipe I can't wait to make for my granddaughters excema...and her lip balms look very inticing, so I'll have to make them too. Jennifer, Lance and I had a nice time "talking shop" at lunch. Of course, dinner afterward turned out to be a great time to learn more about each other on a personal level. I was just thrilled to make some new special friends. I hope everyone made it home safely. Thank you again to anyone that had a part in making this event so special for me and everyone else. Angela, I haven't forgotten your candle.....I may not get it out this week, but next week for sure. I'm glad you all liked them.

Birdie have you started planning next year's social yet?????? Ok, take a week off if you want. LOL You and Angela did a great job so I hope you relax a bit now that it's over.

Nancy

And I am going to make my 1st candle from the little kit we got in the goodie bags!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: I am so excited! Surely yall felt that way sometime in the past, eh? :laugh2: I really am excited about it. I am even going to add some of the coconut oil we got and use an EO. I'm takin' it to the max. huh. hahahahah

Nancy, you can take a look-see right here: 2010 TNSCS

And you'll already know how to get there! But I may see you again in July. Need a roomie? :grin2:

I'll need a roomie for 2010!! I'll be there with bells on!! Nancy, I missed dinner too?? :( Lance didn't say anything about me missing dinner. Gotta love the husband and kids. No, really, do you? :laugh2: I had a blast!! And am now afraid I'm going to be a convention junkie. I'm already planning and sceeming for the Alabama conf. in June. :tiptoe: :tiptoe: Birdie, I may need a roomie. BTW...how can I get to the CA conf. on a TN budget??

Hey Birdie, send me an e-mail, I couldn't get the site to open. I'm not sure about needing a roomie for the PA Gathering. Hubby usually goes with me, but hasn't said anything yet about going to PA. I'll have to let you know.

Jennifer, dinner was just the "last ones standing" after everyone had left. We had helped Diane pack up and helped clear the room and decided to grab a bite to eat before some had to hit the road for home. Very informal but a nice time for sure. BTW I loved your quote how can I get to the CA conf. on a TN budget?? I got a good laugh out of it.

Can't wait for next year.

Girlie you are really on the ball. I was just kidding with you when I asked if you had started planning for next year. :cheesy2: I like what you've done with the site so far and I am going to try to either get in to town a few days early or stay a few days after the social so I can "browse" around Franklin. I really had a great time and definately look forward to being back next year. I've already started thinking about what to bring for show and tell.

Hey guys I have never been to one of these conventions and was wondering about it. I am only about 4 hours from Franklin, TN and was thinking about going next year. What is the cost (around about, I know it is really far way), can I go and just see everything (like, I dont have to do a demo, do I?). What kind of stuff is there to see, are there suppliers there selling stuff, and do they sell it cheaper or more expensive since they are saving us shipping?

Well thanks for any help. It sounds like you guys had a great time.

Antonia, you definately need to try to make it to the social next year, especially since you are so close. I don't know what the fee will be next year, but we only paid $35 for our registration. If you plan to stay overnight you will need to allow for a hotel room and of course your food. Aside from that, it's up to you what you want to spend. As far as vendors, Diane from Southern Garden Scents was there with a ton of frangrance oils plus other items. She definately did not charge extra and I kind of think she may have even given us a bit of a discount. I haven't checked online yet to see. Anyway, her oils were very reasonable.....and she is a real sweetheart. No you won't have to do any demo's. Birdie and Angela had speakers lined up and Birdie did a soap demo. Aside from that, you just need to sit there, listen, and take it all in. We always had the opportunity to ask questions with any of the speakers. If I were you, I'd start putting back a few bucks each week and make plans to be there in 2010. It is worth every penny you will spend.

Nancy

And ya get a goodie bag! Don't forget the goodie bag! :yay: Even I was impressed with the goodie bag! And Nancy's right. You can just come to watch and listen. But you do have to speak to somebody!:laugh2:

Dianna is a peach. Southern Garden Scents (formerly Tony's) has been a trooper each year. We actually had other vendors lined up to come but, one by one, they canceled for economic reasons. Disappointing but understandable. Next year things will be better and there will be much more available.:smiley2: So I do hope you will consider it. Being onlt 4 hours away, I'm surprise you weren't there this year!

eta: We want to keep the registration fee as low as we can to make it affordable for everyone and we'll work on keeping it that way every year.

How in the world could I have forgotten the GOODIE BAGS?????? That's like birthday and Christmas all rolled into one!!!!!!!!! We got some awesome stuff in there including product, discount coupons, snacks, and I'm drawing a blank right now on the rest of the stuff. But take our word for it.......you'll really like it!!!!

Nancy

Thanks guys for the info!!! I didnt go this year because I didnt really find out about it until just recently, we moved into our new house and I have been busy, and plus DH just got a new job and was in Virginia for two weeks for training. So I wouldnt have been able to go since I would have anyone to watch the kids.

But I really think I will go next year, I would love to meet a few more people from this board. And plus those goodie bags sound fantastic! And I would most likely spend a few days there, never been to TN before.