neutralize scent in the lids??

I recycle a few jars from some folks at work to cut them a little break on price. The only problem is the scent from the old candle stays in the lid. Does anyone know a way to neutralize the sent in the lid so it can be reused? I use a metal lid with a plastic ring inside? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

www.oldetownecandleco.com

Once, a long time ago, my ex-husband and I had left some cat fish in the truck of our car during a hot SC summer. We had forgotten about them for about a week, when we noticed an awful smell in the car! The smell was so bad, I thought I would never get the odor out. I ended up putting a good layer of baking soda in the truck and I let it set a few days before I vacuumed it out. I had to do this a few times, but it did work.

So, if I can get out old dead cat fish smell, I'm sure you can get out a good smell. I would put the lids in a bowl, put some baking soda on them and put the lid on.