Mixing EcoSoya Pillar blend with Starburst Palm

Hi, I was thinking of trying this but was wondering if anyone had already done it and was still able to get the crystallization from the palm. I'd like to make a palm pillar with soy added to it, but I still want it to look like a palm pillar. Has this worked for anyone? Thanks.

I mixed Palm and 6006 in a 50/50 ratio as an experiment once. Then I tried 60% palm to 40% 6006. I didn't get the palm effect at all. The 60/40 did has little vertical white lines all around the candle but not like regular palm wax. I poured into jelly jars and both my test burns failed so I quickly lost interest. I figured the look alone was not worth all the testing at all.

I messed around with adding C3 to pillar palm a couple of years ago and got some nice effects - one kinda looked like snakeskin, which I found pleasing to the eye... but then I got busy and forgot about it. Let us know how things go for you and post pictures!! I'll see if I can find the photo of my lemon scented snakeskin one... :)

I mix palm and soy all the time. I like it because I can use less fragrance oil in this blend. If I want a smooth look - more soy. A patterned look - more palm. I don't really measure - just eye ball it. Oh well, I've never been one to follow a recipe ! :cheesy2: This one is more palm. It's when I first started so don't laugh too hard !:laugh2:

69247209100_244555.jpg

I would like to do this, but am wondering about wicking if you don't follow a formula. Do you find that they burn pretty much the same regardless of the variations in wax? Also, if you don't mind me asking, which wicks do you prefer for these candles

TIA

Nancy