Any one have a recipe for moisturizing CP soap?

Guest Ox_B_love

Guest Ox_B_love

I want to know how to make moisturizing soap with the less amount of ingredients possible. Also if anyone has a lotion from scratch recipe that they know works great ??? Thanks

Brittany,

What I think is moisturizing for me, may not be for someone else. Totally depends on what YOU consider moisturizing. Your best bet is to comprise a formula using the oils YOU think will be best and once you try it, then you can reformulate if need be.

HTH

P.S. There are ALOT of formulas on this forum, just gotta use the search feature for them.

Guest Ox_B_love

Thanks, well i was wondering like if shea butter and jojoba and stuff lke that is considered moisturizing. For example the only things i dont get irriated from are olay body washes and bar soaps. The one i use right now has jojoba in it so would my best bet be to look for a soap with jojoba or shea butter recipe?

Sounds like you have A LOT of researching to do. Just curious how you can have a website with lotions but didnt know if jojoba is moisturizing. Thats one of the first things you need to learn is all the properties of oils. There is a website called millersoap and it will teach you practically everything about soaping. I would start there.

Guest Ox_B_love

I do know that jojoba is moisturizing but i was talking about soap not lotions. I use base for lotions and i use m&p soap . Everything on my site is from bases NOT from scratch so i wouldnt need to know the ingredients in depth. However that is why im posting something about a recipe for it.... TO LEARN ABOUT IT :angry2: !!!!!... Anyways thanks CareBear for everything. I have some recipes now.

hi again, I seem to be following you around tonight!

Please do learn about the ingredients in your bases. If you are/will be selling you are certain to get questions about them...what is this ingredient, what properties does it offer, is it natural or synthetic??? etc. etc. etc...

Be sure to learn about sanitary manufacturing methods and follow those meticulously. Bacteria can be introduced into safe bases if not properly handled. Learn about safe scenting percentages too.

However that is why im posting something about a recipe for it.... TO LEARN ABOUT IT :angry2: !!!!!...

Thats also why you need to do your research as well. Everyone has questions, but yours are basics and you will learn so much more reading and researching. WE have all had to put our time in reading and learning by trial and error. You also need to know all your ingredients, even if it is in a base.

I do know that jojoba is moisturizing but i was talking about soap not lotions. I use base for lotions and i use m&p soap . Everything on my site is from bases NOT from scratch so i wouldnt need to know the ingredients in depth. However that is why im posting something about a recipe for it.... TO LEARN ABOUT IT :angry2: !!!!!... Anyways thanks CareBear for everything. I have some recipes now.

there are lots of recipes on millersoap.com. after you read through the whole site you can plug some of them into soapcalc.com (after you've read THAT whole site) to get an idea what might result.

seriously. it'll help you

LEARN ABOUT IT

OK, I'll lay it out. I know you are not precisely SAYING this, but what we read is: I wanna know how to make everything but don't want to actually learn about it all so just tell me how to do it. And 1) that isn't how this place or the folks in it work and 2) that isn't how formulating works either. We're not baking cakes here.

• 1 month later...
Everything on my site is from bases NOT from scratch so i wouldnt need to know the ingredients in depth.

That freaks me out on so many levels.

So, check out this scenario:

A person goes on a forum and requests a recipe for say, a lotion and does not care to know about the ingredients, they just want a recipe so that they can quickly throw it up on their website and make a buck or two.

So, a newbie posts a recipe that was lifted from a website that is by another newbie who got the recipe and tweaked it to "sound better" and got it from another website that is by someone who has done no research but wants to look like they have experience and may have a zippy looking website. The person wanting the recipe goes ahead and uses the formula, and puts the "product" on their website.

The unsuspecting customer, reading all the "wonderful, skin moisturizing, can heal anything from jock itch to cancer" attributes and buys it believing the hype on the website. Upon using it, however, they have a severe reaction or it didn't save them from halitosis or whatever they bought it for. The customer then sends an email or calls the contact from the website and asks questions about the product and/or ingredients.

Since there was no research, just a quick, "here give me a recipe," all the contact person can do is either lie to the customer, get mad at them for questioning their products or say, "uh gee, I dunno, I didn't do any research." :confused:

That is not any way to be in business, stay in business and is in no way ethical.

I have apprentices and even though I teach them very deeply about harvesting the right plants for the right remedy, the why, when, how and so on, teach them in depth how I make salves, lotions, tinctures, tea blends, soaps, etc, etc, etc. Even though I give them so much information, I never give them my exact recipes. Their job is to learn and then do. And do. And do. Get their own experience and it makes them smarter, gives them confidence to do things on their own and gives them the ability to discern the right medicine for the right ailment.

I am not blasting anyone in particular, so please do not in any way think that I am. I am simply throwing in my 2 cents in a thread that is very disconcerning.

Why is it when someone asks for a recipe and gets told to do some research (even to search this very forum), they get snippy? Let's see, I've been making soaps for over 3 years now, have spent thousands of dollars in supplies and equiptment, countless hours on research and testing....here's my main recipe handed to you on a silver platter! You can look through the forums...I'm always one to help out and give tips, advice, pointers but call KFC and ask them for their secret recipe and I bet you're told "fat chance" too.

• 1 month later...