I am at my wicks end!!! Glass Glow

Are you familiar with the way palm wax burns? While it may appear to "tunnel," palm wax burns down and then out. It seldom makes FMP on the first couple of test burns.

Here's one of the more recent threads about Glass Glow where wicking and how palm wax burns was discussed...

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76137

If you do a search here in the Veggie Wax forum, you'll find a LOT of discussion on this subject. HTH :)

What is the width of the jar? I use 2 cd 6 wicks for a 3 inch jar and 2 cd 8 wicks for a 4 inch jar. With that said you have got to test each and every scent, they do not all burn the same way. When I first started with glass glow I tried the rrd wicks because that is what Peak's suggested. I tried rrd 29 thru 50, and had a terrible time with everyone of them. You may even try the csn wicks from Candle Science. They did pretty well, but I did not like the big flame and the mushrooms that you get with the csn's.

This is what worked for me, you have to try different wicks and test the jar all the way down to the bottom. There is a wealth of information on the board you just have to do a search. Have fun! :cheesy2: :cheesy2:

I used the CD14 with the Metro 12 jar. Worked great...

I single wick that size jar with a CDN 12. I don't even think of double wicking until I get past 4"...

Many folks just do not understand that palm wax burns differently from soy & paraffin candles and they tend to way overwick.