464 Wax Question

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone here. I am new to this board but I have been making candles for about 2 years now.

I have been using the 464 wax and was always happy with it untill recently. I use anywhere from 1.1 to 1.4 oz pp of FO depending on the oil.

My problem is...I have candles that are a couple of months old and I can not smell them. I know when I tested they were good and smelled strong, but now they are not as stong as they seemed to be when I tested. It very well could be that I have candle nose, but I thought candles were supposed to get stronger so I thought that a candle that was a couple of months old would be really strong.

I have tried several times testing a candle with 1 oz pp and I could hardly smell anything. Do you think I am using too much oil?

I have used 464...but i use 415 mostly..

I could be wrong..but I don't think a candle will get stronger the longer it sets..i think once it is cured, it should stay about the same smell wise..but it should not lose it scent in that time either..

i have found candles that i have not burned in a year or longer and they are still good..

you could just have candle nose..

i know if i go on a vacation,,when i come home, i smell my soaps and candles in my house much stronger..HTH

edited to add....Welcome to the board...

Thanks so much for the welcome and reply.

I really hope it is candle nose. I am taking a break for a few weeks and then I will test again. Hopefully I will be able to smell them. Other people tell me my candles smell great, but it is hard for me to sell something that I don't think is good.