Heat Sealers

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the sealers that they sell at Wal-Mart would work for sealing shrink wrap edges.

I have something that I want wrapped but would like it to be like a sleeve that I can slip over the container and then seal the top and bottom. I don't want to have to tape it all over.

I hope I am making sense. :laugh2:

They are vaccuum sealers :laugh2: So I guess it's not the same thing. But I guess if they heat it should work. What do ya think?

I'm wanting to shrink wrap the sundae glasses. I wonder how I would figure what width of shrink wrap tubing I would need for these?

http://www.walmart.com/browse/Kitchen-Dining/Kitchen-Storage-Organization/Food-Savers-Accessories/_/N-90w1Zaq90Zaqce/Ne-2p4i?ic=48_0&ref=125874.421057&tab_value=227206_All&catNavId=1032619&fromPageCatId=90546&catNavId=90546

I have been online searching for an impulse sealer today but I am coming up short. Everything that I find is way out of my price range. If anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know. Up until now I have been using an old straightening iron that I use to use for my hair, it works ok (not the best) most of the time.

Sorry I dont know if that will work but I thought I would give you another option of something that could be used.

That, I have no idea Sandra. haha! Though, I do recall seeing some talks about it possibly working before.. don't know if it was in this forum or not?

Antonia - you can find a decent priced impulse sealer on harbor freight's website. Unfortunately for me I cannot get one locally, but I'll be getting one of those eventually. Still deciding if I'm going to go the shrinkwrapping route.

I ordered my impulse sealer from harbor freight. I got it in about a week.

Here's the link:

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=impulse&Submit=Go

HTH!

I was thinking about getting that one, but was wondering if it was any good? And also by any chance does it cut and seal? Or is it the kind that just seals? Thanks so much.