F/O's and Essential Oils

AAngels

Could everyone refresh my memory for me, what exactly is the difference between both.

I know F/O are synthetically done where essetial oils are 100% natural, but how do they do it syntheically?

Alsol where is the best wholesaler for E/O's.

Thanks

Kathy

Fragrance oils are a combination of both synthetic and natural compounds that are blended in a solvent base. Essential Oils are natural plant derived compounds.

The synthetics are just chemically synthesized oils. It is very hard to explain and sometimes harder to grasp it all. I was overwhelmed when speaking with a perfumer about what all goes into the process. There are over 2000 compounds typically used in manufacturing of fragrance oils.

As for the best wholesaler, sadly no such thing. There are a lot of good resellers out there that sell EO but pricing is so variable on most that I would not say any one is best. It's best to look at a combination of pricing, shipping etc and test from there :)

FOs are a blend of different chemicals - and may contain both synthetic components as well as essential oils. They are "made".

EOs are "extracted".

I purchase my EOs from New Directions Aromatics (newidrectionsaromatics.com) but there are many options.

I will not repeat eo and fo difference. I will say I have purchased eo from

http://www.av-at.com/ for many years. Contact Butch if you need wholesale pricing.

The current world market on eo's in terrible. Helichrysum I purchased 2 years ago at $87.50 an oz and now it is $225.00 and oz if you can get it.:(

The sandalwood that is available today coming into this country is contaminated and much of it is worth not selling so suppliers are not accepting the shipments.

You want to be sure the person you are buying from, tests oils at a lab prior to selling them. Their web sites will tell you.

The war in the Mideast has effected prices in the region. Spikenard, patchouli, sandalwood, many others.

I avoid any site that sells eo's say any 10 ml variety for $6-10.

Good luck in your search, once you have a good relationship with an eo supplier, support that person because many eo suppliers will be going under in this economic enviroment. Many business that have been around for a 10-20 of years.

Hope this helps!