First CP Soap - Pepperberry

ljhenry

Here is my first CP soap that I made yesterday. The black is powdered charcoal that I got at our local herbal store. It is scented with Pepperberry, Sandalwood and Vanilla from Brambleberry. The little mom & Pop herbal stores are a great source for things like that. A little expensive, but great in a pinch. I put a little sparkly mica on top because my 5yr old grandson wanted it. I got some ash on top. I think this is because I wouldn't stop peeking at it. I am used to doing CPHP and you really don't get ash with that. Going to resupply today and try another CP.

post-10738-139458453809_thumb.jpg

post-10738-13945845381_thumb.jpg

post-10738-139458453812_thumb.jpg

post-10738-139458453813_thumb.jpg

very nice...your addiction has just began...:)

The housework waits, the cooking waits, I even hate to have to go to work or to the store. Good thing kids are grown and DH is fairly self sufficient because this is all I want to do. My family never needs to buy soap again. Going to have to sell a few of these to fund my habit though. My DD is in Cosmetology School and they are wanting some down there for the students. So maybe I can unload some if these to make room for more. I think I might have a problem. Is there a support group for soap addicts or am I there?:D

This IS your support group. We are great enablers here -- make more, make more, make more.

Nice soaps. :grin2:

Looks like I am going to have to go online and order some palm oil or flakes, Shea butter and maybe some cocoa butter. I when to Hot Springs yesterday and could not find anything. Has anyone ever used any walnut oil? I like to deep nutty smell of it and bought a little to try. Was looking for some rice bran oil with no luck. For heaven sakes, we live in Arkansas and they grow rice here. You'd think that oil would be in abundance. Trying to come up with a nice hard basic recipe with what I have on hand. Coconut oil, vegetable shortening, olive oil, canola oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil. Alot of soft oils, i know. But I am trying. I have a small amount of streaic acid on hand, too.

By the way, thanks everyone. I have learned alot on this board and intend on staying to learn more and learn some of the great swirling techniques.

I am having my DH make me a couple more molds. I need a slab mold and he is pretty handy with the tools.