Levine Mosaic Electric Burners Question

smellywax

I have a question for those that have used/sold levines Mosaic Electric Plug In Burners. I have been selling these since they came out but have had a lot of customers emailing me lately about them breaking. Levines has been fantastic about sending me replacements and they tested them themselves but had no problems. I tested 4 of them plus 1 of the replacements Levines sent and actually did have the same problems my customers have made me aware of. This worries me and I don't know if it is climate related or what.

The mosaic plug in burner takes a higher wattage bulb than the others...it takes a 25 watt that comes with them. I thought maybe the bulb is too hot for it. In my test, I turned on on the plug in for several hours and then turned off. I used 4794 wax with 1oz/lb FO as I always do. The next day, I turn on the burner and after about 10 minutes to an hour I hear a pop and the whole bottom circle of the top dish breaks and the wax falls down into the lower part. I LOVE these plug in burners and now I am afraid to sell them. None of my warmer climate customers have had problems...just ones who have cold weather (Illinois, New York).

We (myself and Levines) thought it might be that the batch I had were bad but I tested one from the new ones they sent and the same thing. Has anyone had this happen? I am going to have my mom test them in her South Florida home to see if she has the problem.

I'm sorry I am no help either as far as the plug-ins go - I have never tried them.

But, as long as we are talking about Levines, I had several of the stone cachepot warmers returned to me. They were warped and our 10 oz apothecary jars would not fit in them.

Levine's was great about crediting our account - even though we had bought them several months ago - but it was a hassle since most of them were bought as gifts around the holidays.