palm wax and silicone molds

Debbie73

I would like to make some tarts using the wilton silicone molds. I have got glass glow and frost palm and also have the pillar palm in star burst and feather. The molds that I have are the little daisy molds and the heart molds and there are 24 to each mold. How much fo should I try? I have read that some use 1oz per lb., but when I make my container glass glow, I only use 5%. If I use too much will I have droplets of fo on top of the tarts?

I get me palm wax ( starburst) pillar wax from Candle science, and have used 1oz PP up to 1.5 oz pp and havent had any problems with it. Also used Wilton Christmas silicone molds, and they came out perfect, just make sure you leave them in the mold long enough or else they will crack and break. Your best bet, is to test and see what works for you. Hope that helps some.

Jessica

Thank you Jess05! I just experimented with several waxes. I tried the Feather palm wax from Candle Science. It did not do well, as it left tiny holes in most of them. I had some palm wax left over from let-it-shine, that I don't use anymore, but thought I would give it a try. They turned out pretty good, but they left a lot of stuff in the molds, next I did glass glow. I used a little over 2oz. of FO. The glass glow turned out great. I was impressed that it crystalized on the top and marbled on the bottom. I actually made extra so I could try some clam shells. They, too turned out great. I was very excited that they turned out as well as they did. Again, thank you for your input. Debbie